London Fetish Weekend
New Designer Award
The Fashion Show will be part of the Friday night event during the London Fetish Weekend. The night will include a show from the winner of the ‘London Fetish Weekend New Designer Award’ alongside top alternative and fetish designers from the UK. There will be three new designers chosen to participate in the evening, chosen from the entries submitted no later than September 10th 2012 and the designers will be announced on 14th September. The winner will be announced at the event after the three entries have shown their designs on the catwalk.
Entries are invited from fashion students, start up designers or budding creators of fetish and/or alternative design. This award is designed to highlight our home grown talent so only entries from the UK will be considered.
Judges already confirmed include: Rubber Couture King; Robin from House of Harlot, Corset maker to the stars; Velda Lauder and Tyrannical Tailor; Jed Phoenix, Mandy X; proprietor of fantasy and fetish retail giant Honour Clothing; James Pegg; London College of Fashion
The winner and runners up will enjoy the following:
- Featured as the winner and runners up in a dedicated press release going out to mainstream and related press
- Announcement on the London Fetish Weekend website
- A dedicated newsletter about the winner to the London Fetish Weekend database
- The opportunity to show their collection at the London Fetish Weekend Fetish Fashion and Deviant Dance event on the 5th October 2012
- Media coverage in all of the fetish media who support the LFW (in the form of photos and some reports) of the fashion show
- Feature about the LFW and finalists including interview & pictures in a 32 page glossy booklet prior to the event
- The winner will be featured in post show articles in Skin Two and Von Gutenberg Magazine plus other media sponsors tbc
- The option of having a stand area at The London Alternative Market on Saturday 6th October to show samples and take orders!
- Twenty guest tickets for supporters (your guests must be dressed in fetish, alternative or fantasy dress code and must be over 18) worth over £250
- Every designer who enters (and complies with the entry requirements) will receive 2 guest places for the event
- The winning design may be offered the option to have their design bought, manufactured and sold by Honour UK (certain criteria will apply)